Cupcakes and Ink

Cupcakes and Ink - Helena Hunting Cupcakes and Ink is the prequel to the Clipped Wings series by Helena Hunting. I love desserts and addicted to tattoos, so why not read a book with this catchy title?

Tenley wants a new start: new city, new apartment and a new life. But of course leaving the past behind is easier said than done. She is drawn to the tattoo shop across the street from her new apartment in Chicago, especially the gorgeous dark-haired tattoo artist who works there. Hayden has a successful business and close circle of friends. The hot new chick working at his aunt's antiques and used book store across the street catches his attention. And so the story begins where the pair get ink-deep under each other's skin.

Let me reiterate that I love the clever title. Never would I have thought to combine cupcakes and ink. But there were a couple things that irked me while reading this sequel. First of all, I dislike the character names. They are both unisex names and the reader cannot easily tell which is the female and which is the male character. Secondly, it helps to find the characters in an erotic novel sexy. Hayden, the guy, is described as tall and dark-haired with extensive ink and facial piercings. She had me until the facial piercings part. Then the shyness of the characters was annoying. Tenley, the girl, would watch the comings-and-goings of the tattoo shop all day through her window. And Hayden would conveniently drop by the shop every day under the pretense of visiting his "favorite" aunt. Stop acting like teens, please.

The prequel Cupcakes and Ink was not enough to interest me in reading the Clipped Wings series.

Literary Marie of Precision Reviews