Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold - Beverly Jenkins Heart of Gold is the fifth book in the Blessings by Beverly Jenkins. This is my fifth visit to Henry Adams and oh, have I missed this little fictional town. These kids have come a long way. Just as a reminder, Zoey had been homeless in Miami, Amari was a young car thief in Detroit, Preston was in the foster care system. So much going on in this novel. Crystal ran away. Devon is acting different. Zoey's parents are separating. Bernadine's mean-spirited sister unexpectedly visits. A battle with a neighboring town starts. And a bag of gold is left to one of the kids. Drama, right?!

These former foster kids continue to amaze me. They are wise beyond their years. Despite how unfair life is sometimes, they deal with it—sometimes better than adults would. I love how the author equally focuses on the growth of the children, adoptive family and the town.

"She has a heart of gold, and a head hard as concrete." ~ pg. 157

Read Heart of Gold if you are looking for a story of friendship, genuine love and family. Beverly Jenkins (Aunt Bev in-my-head) is one of the most talented authors. She writes historical fiction and romance like none other. The characters in the Blessings series are realistic. Visit www.beverlyjenkins.net for excerpts and more info.

I still feel like the nosy neighbor watching all the town folk. Never a dull moment in Henry Adams, Kansas. I suggest you pull up a chair and join me on the porch.

Literary Marie of Precision Reviews