The Silent Wife

The Silent Wife - A.S.A. Harrison "Her silence strikes him as dense and purposeful, a barricade." ~ pg. 108

Jodi and Todd have been married for twenty years. Everything isn't peaches and cream anymore. In fact, they are at a bad place. Todd is committed...to cheating; Jodi is forever in denial. He knows that she knows he's a cheater. So the stability and security of a significant other and the everyday freedoms are eroding. The story is about a marriage in dissolution, told in alternating points of view. Todd is debating whether to chuck the deuces and Jodi is willing to do whatever it takes to keep what is rightfully hers.

"It's the daily patterns that make a marriage, the habits you fall into as a couple." ~ pg. 140

I think Psychological Thrillers may be my new favorite subgenre. As most of you bookhearts know, I am a mystery, chick lit, and memoir kinda gal. But ever since reading Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, I've been chasing the next really good book. Well, I came really darn close.

The Silent Wife gave me the same type of suspense, mind boggling and compulsive page-turning sensation. It was by no means predictable. I really didn't know what was to come next. One of the characters manipulates personal circumstance to the highest drastic degree. It was the type of book I ponder about long after I've finished. You know the kind—you turn the last page, close the book, and just sit there thinking about the characters and ending. Yes, that was The Silent Wife for me. Author A.S.A. Harrison wrote a great novel about how having nothing left to lose changes everything.

Literary Marie of Precision Reviews