Destiny's Surrender

Destiny's Surrender - Beverly Jenkins Surrender to the Best Historical Romance Novel

Destiny's Surrender, the second book in the Destiny series by Beverly Jenkins. Andrew Yates is ready to stop sowing oats and start a family. But one last passionate romp with mistress/whore Wilhelmina "Billie" Wells turns into more. Just when Drew finds a respectable candidate for wife, Billie shows up at Destiny Ranch with a one-year-old in her arms claiming Drew is the father. Billie doesn't want scandal or Drew's wealth; she is simply seeking a safe haven for their son. Literally moments later, she is saying "I do" in a marriage ceremony. The rest of the book shows how their marriage of convenience may or may not become the sexy passionate relationship they once shared.

The book begins with an explosive orgasmic first line. From there, I was waiting for the conflict to be resolved, then looked forward to the happy times, then feared the storm I knew was inevitably coming, only to be happy again for the ending. Beverly Jenkins has a way of telling a historical romance story that takes your mind off the present and transports you to the past (year 1885 in this instance). Even though it is fiction, there are historical tidbits sprinkled throughout the pages. In Destiny's Surrender, the tale of Queen Calafia was told. Where else can you read a book for leisure and education? I'll wait...

Literary Marie of Precision Reviews